Clif Hefner, Principal Consultant
Clif is a Principal Consultant, TARA and co-owner of Aserlay Farms.
Clif works with TARA's clients across all the services, and specialises in project management.
He has served as a senior manager and executive covering project management, engineering disciplines, and field operations in worldwide oil and gas activities. The bulk of his worldwide experience was with Chevron Corporation. In addition, he has worked for El Paso Production, Shell and other major organisations.
Clif obtained a GAICD and has served as a leader and director in other industries including power generation, academia, beef cattle, and aviation training. As a result, Clif’s background is a unique blend of broad international and multi-industry experience over a wide range of geographic, cultural, and geopolitical environments.
Currently, his activities include:
- Adjunct Professor, QUT: Teaching project management in undergraduate, graduate and adult/corporate education units.
- Multi-client consultant providing diverse project management leadership and services.
- Owner/Operator, Aserlay Farms: A small a beef cattle stud raising Charolais cattle. It is co-owned with his wife, Dr. Theresa Craig.
- President / Chairman, Royal Queensland Aero Club which is the world’s oldest active aero club and proudly retains its Royal Charter.
- Chairman, Queensland LNP Mining & Exploration (i.e., Resources) Policy Committee
Clif’s past roles have included:
- General Manager - Oil and Gas Services, HDR | Salva Resources
- Exploration and Production Manager, Blue Energy Limited
- Director, Stanwell Corporation Limited
- Operations Manager, Project Manager, and Consulting Petroleum Engineer for Sunshine Gas Ltd and other clients in the oil & gas industry
- Adjunct Professor, QUT – Providing corporate project management training to Shell and others
- President of the Australian-American Association - Brisbane Division, and Federal Vice President of seven AAA groups nationwide
Clif graduated from the University of Texas - Austin with BS in Petroleum Engineering with Highest Honors. He has over 3 decades working experience in more than 10 countries worldwide. His first 24 years were with Chevron Corporation in its international work force. As his Chevron career evolved, Clif was part of key new projects worldwide.